Win XP / Rev 2.7

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 16:33:33 EST 2006

> For the record I want to say that when I installed Rev 2.7 on XP I had
> crashes many times a day as well. That makes three of us on this list that
> had severe problems and had to roll back to 2.6.1, loosing time and work.
> For me, the crashes seemed to occur more often than not when selecting and
> editing text, both in the script editor and in plain fields. As for tracing
> down the problem by dissecting stacks, etc., as of now I am busy with other
> matters and am hoping the Rev team can sort this out. It is obviously not a
> problem that is limited to my configuration and I would probably have just
> as hard a time tracing it down as somebody starting from scratch.
>
> I was disappointed that such a severe problem made it into a release.
>
> David
>
> ps. I am not using any plugins, I installed to a new folder (changed the
> default install path), and I upgraded from 2.6.1. The one stack I have had
> problems with was converted from 2.6.1. I work somewhat routinely with one
> other stack that unfortunately I did not save a copy of before opening with
> 2.7, so I am stuck with 2.7 for that stack. Rev has not crashed yet when I
> have been working with that stack. I will let the list know if that changes.

Hi David,

Thanks for taking the time to tell us this. Given the current
defeatist attitude displayed by some on the list recently, it makes a
refreshing change :-) I am 100% confident that all these problems can
be sorted out, but the process will be much faster if as many as
possible can report what causes problems instead of just abandoning
the list.

This is the first report of 2.7 crashes that actually contains any
information about the installation and what seems to be triggering the
crashes. I'm sure the Rev team will find this helpful.

Chipp has written a plugin that will revert your stack from 2.7 format
back to 3.6. You can get it this way:

> To get the StackFormat plugin, just type into your 2.7 message box and
> hit return the following:
>
> go URL "http://www.gadgetplugins.com/altplugins/StackFormat.rev"
>
> Then save it to your plugins folder. That's all there is to it.

Cheers,
Sarah