Grab Commands

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Feb 24 18:38:35 EST 2006

Recently, benjamin pastrana wrote:

> I have the following script in an "barrel" picture: I want to simulate a
> barrel making noise
> while it's beign moved.

> The thing is that I want only to play the sound
> IF the picture is beign dragged.
>
> Right now it plays because it's under the mouseDown...
>
> what is the command that detects the drag action and when its not beign
> dragged?

I'm not sure you can do this using 'grab' since this command stops all other
messages until the mouse is released.  You might try using a custom drag
routine -- here's one example (execute in your message box):

 go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/drag_sample.rev"

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director