Transcript and Dot Notation

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Fri Feb 24 17:25:25 EST 2006

At 03:58 PM 2/24/2006, Andre Garzia wrote:
>So why can't we do transcript-ish things like:
>
>set the stopColor of TrafficLight to red
>
>set the interval of TrafficLight to 20 secs

Would there be any reason to distinguish between custom properties and a
object property?  If not, I see the above working.

>and call methods like
>
>send "go" to traffic light...

That works for methods, but how about functions?

I have never liked the current transcript syntax of
Value("GetCurrentColor()", TrafficLight).    TrafficLight.GetColor() is
much more readable, in my opinion.

Peter T. Evensen
http://www.PetersRoadToHealth.com
314-629-5248 or 888-628-4588