Transcript and Dot Notation

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Feb 24 16:27:11 EST 2006

Judy Perry wrote:
> OPTIONAL dot.speak I fear will end Transcript's natural-language
> orientation.

Regex isn't exactly "natural", but those that use it like that it's
included as an OPTION.

I don't recall anyone saying that RunRev was going to force users to
replace years of legacy code with dot notation, any more than they
forced folks to stop parsing strings with chunk expressions when they
added regex support.

OPTIONS mean choice.  Only you are in control of the choices you make.

You can choose to use regex and then complain about having made that
choice, but no one from RunRev is making that choice for you.

This is so very non-controversial I'm surprised it comes up again and
again as such....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation