So long and thanks for all the stacks...

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 15:20:36 EST 2006

I have long been a supporter and fan of Xavier's. He attempted to
create a massive infrastructure in HyperCard and later began moving it
to Rev. He and I have had many very long exchanges about the object
orientation of what he was trying to build. I think he learned a lot
about how hard it is to create an OO world in a language that doesn't
think in objects. He sure taught me a few things in the process.

We'll miss you in Revland, Xavier, but you are following in
time-honored steps. When Bill Atkinson, the Father of HyperCard, moved
on, he moved all the way on, shifting his life focus away from
technology and into photography. Watershed moments come in the oddest
ways sometimes. Perhaps the push over the edge that Xavier felt at the
way he perceived being treated by RunRev will turn out to be in the
long run the best thing that could have happened for him.

I sincerely hope so.