Windows beep

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Feb 24 14:49:34 EST 2006

On Feb 24, 2006, at 11:03 AM, Bill Marriott wrote:

> Rev's "beep" command on Windows sounds the internal PC speaker/
> buzzer. It
> does not issue a sound through the audio card. If a user does not
> have an
> internal speaker connected (many systems do not), they will not hear
> anything when the beep command is issued.

The beep that Rev plays on Windows isn't very pleasant.  A long time
ago a client complained about it and so I implemented the beep sound
that Windows apps usually play.  This worked on Win2000 and XP at the
time though I haven't tested it in a while.

put queryRegistry ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default
\SystemExclamation\.Default\") \
	into tWinBeepFile
replace "%SystemRoot%" with specialFolderPath ("System") in tWinBeepFile
replace "/" with "\" in tWinBeepFile
if there is a file tWinBeepFile then
     play tWinBeepFile
end if