Stack file format change in 2.7 - BACK UP!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Feb 23 14:14:36 EST 2006

Rob Cozens wrote:
> Jacque, et al:
>
>> The stack file format in 2.7 has changed. Be aware that any stacks you
>> save in 2.7 will not open again in earlier versions.
>

> Runtime Revolution, like HyperCard, now has different versions of
> software in use around the world producing incompatible output.  What
> does this mean for people offering plugIns and other stacks to the RR
> community?

It isn't any different than when HyperCard made the change. Once
converted, a stack in HC 2.0 format would not open in HC 1.0. The
community survived. We'll need the same period of adjustment for this
change in Revolution.

Chipp's plugin will allow you to distribute stacks that open in either
version, so if your contributions are for the general public, you can
use the plugin before releasing the stack.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com