File/Picture Chooser Widgets (Beta) for Ubuntu Linux Released

Bob Warren robertum at brturbo.com
Thu Feb 23 12:46:15 EST 2006

Dear Colleagues,

As suggested earlier today, the beta version of my File/Picture Chooser
Widgets for Ubuntu Linux is now available for download and testing at:

http://www.howsoft.com/runrev/stacks.htm

I would be grateful if as many Ubuntu users as possible could try out
these widgets, since as soon as their stability has been proven, I can
release the source code to the RunRev community to enable the
development of versions for other flavours of Linux and for Macintosh.
Please let me know of any problems arising with the widgets as soon as
you can.

While the widgets remain in "beta" status, they are not appropriate for
distribution at all, but as soon as I arrive at the point where they can
be declared "stable", you can distribute them as much as you want.

For those of you who are not Linux Ubuntu users, you might be interested
in looking at the pictures of the widgets since when converted to other
Linuxes and Macintosh, the appearance is likely to be more or less
identical.

Those of you who have accompanied developments on the Use-Revolution
List will know that this is #1 of the widgets which aims to be simple,
stable and acceptable. I have received a number of suggestions for
including bells and whistles in #2, which hopefully will appear in due
course.

Best regards,
Bob