Win XP/2.7

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 19:07:41 EST 2006

On 2/23/06, bryan at deepfoo.com <bryan at deepfoo.com> wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> It crashes simply by having the thing open. Several other people on this list have reported problems
> with this release, so it would seem best to take these responses seriously. I have been using
> MetaCard/RunRev for over 6 years. I've worked in the software industry for over 18 years all the way
> back to HyperCard 1.0. I realize it's asking a lot to trust a total stranger on this, but I do know
> when this sort of problem is a "me" issue and when it isn't. This release is not at all like the
> others. It's the first one that has had crashers simply by being open. It does not have the feel of
> something stable, at all. It has even managed to bring down the machine. None of the other Rev
> releases have had any serious issues running on exactly the same set-up. It seems to me something
> serious got missed. And I appear not to be alone in that opinion.

What plugins do you have Bryan? Maybe one of them is opening on
startup and doing something weird. While I haven't run 2.7 under
Windows yet, many other people have done so without experiencing your
crashes.

Here are some more questions that might enable people here to track
down your problem:
- what version of Windows are you running?
- are you running as an admin user?
- did you install Rev in the default directory?
- is the same stack always running when it crashes?
- can you get a crash report?

Hopefully we can gather enough information to get this problem fixed.

Regards,
Sarah