Blend Level in Fields

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Feb 21 23:00:17 EST 2006

On Feb 21, 2006, at 5:07 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Recently, Sivakatirswami wrote:
>
>> Is there some trick for setting transparency in fields   ("blend")
>> such that the foreground color (the textcolor) is not affected by the
>> blend level? I tried all the ink options... nothing works.
>
> I don't think it's possible yet to set the opacity of the field's
> background
> separately from its content.  Regardless, it doesn't seem that big
> a deal to
> set the field's opaque to false and place a translucent image (or
> graphic
> under 2.7) behind.

Hmm let's see. Current project I'm trying to make a bit more "classy":

18 fields; quite a bit of tweaking of fld sizes and positions... each
change would require an additional tweak of the translucent "under
cover" object...

Of course this could be done by script I suppose if one were to be
smart enough to name the graphic the same as the field with slight
change in nomenclature

field name "rates"   graphic name "rates-bkgnd"

repeat with x = 1 to the number of fields
create grc
--do more stuff here
   set the rect of grc (the shortname of fld x &"-bkgnd") to the rect
of fld "x"
end repeat

But, I think I'll put this in as feature request... I was hoping the
new feature meant we finally got background transparency also, so we
could design like we do in our old graphic world (InDesign CS2 at the
moment)

tks
skts