Start using script

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Mon Feb 20 20:41:13 EST 2006

On Feb 20, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Hershel Fisch wrote:

> Hi all, when I want to use the start using script I have to use it
> in every
> sub stack or the main stack will do it?

I had a start using in the startup script and it seemed to never get
called. So I added a small script in front of the code that needs the
start using stack that asked which stacks were in the start using
queue, and if it was not listed, it ran the start using script to put
it there. Kind of a just in time start using. That works fine and it
has the advantage of being right where I use it.

For example:

global theStacksInUse

  if "revSOAP" is not in theStacksInUse then
     start using "revSOAP"
     get the stacksInUse
     put it into theStacksInUse
end if