Start using script

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Mon Feb 20 16:58:00 EST 2006

Hi Hershel,

Mainly, three ways of doing:

1. Start using stack < Stack descriptor>: put the script of stack <
Stack descriptor> into the message path. Used with libraries.
2. Insert script of <Control descriptor> into front/back: put a
specific script into the message path to receive the messages sent to
any other objects in any stack before/after these objects receive the
messages. Mainly used with special handlers that have to trigger
system events.
3. Go invisible to stack < Stack descriptor>: the stack is loaded
into memory as would be a stack in use AND all its resources (images
for instance) are available too.

Note that the third way may be obtained by using other commands:
send "MyStuff" to stack < Stack descriptor>: loads this stack in
memory if it is not present.
call "MyStuff" of < Control descriptor> loads the corresponding stack
in memory if it is not present.

See all corresponding entries in the docs for more information :-)
BTW, for all these ways of doing, stack or substack does not matter ;-)

Le 20 févr. 06 à 22:19, Hershel Fisch a écrit :

> Hi all, when I want to use the start using script I have to use it
> in every
> sub stack or the main stack will do it?

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet