Switch versus if/then/else ( was: Main menu puzzle, Klaus)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Feb 20 00:16:22 EST 2006

Judy Perry wrote:
 > On Sun, 19 Feb 2006, Geoff Canyon wrote:
 >
 >> Just to beat on the horse some more, given the above problem
 >> statement, I would likely store the names of the fifty handlers in a
 >> custom property, and do the following:
 >>
 >> do (line myParameter of the uHandlerList of this cd)
 >
 > And, a non/novice-programmer would simply close Rev and launch
 > PowerPoint...

If PowerPoint will do what they need with less work, they'd be a fool
not to.

Rev is a software development tool. The only software worth developing
is the stuff that doesn't exist yet.  If what you need already exists
it's almost always cheaper to just buy it than make it yourself.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal