2.7 Consensus

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Feb 19 14:32:28 EST 2006

James-

Sunday, February 19, 2006, 9:22:28 AM, you wrote:

> Just for a slightly dissenting opinion, I LIKE the new documentation
> and consider it a VAST improvement, both in terms of searching the
> dictionary for explicit terms (what I mostly need it for so I can see
> the syntax) and for the User Manual.

I like the new documentation, too. I just wish it weren't so quirky to
use: click on one of the See Also items, for example, and the
dictionary entry becomes full window, hiding the dictionary entries
list. The only way to bring the list back is to click the back button
(or the dictionary entry at the top), which loses your bookmark in the
list. And just try to find all the messages or properties that are
natively supported by a specific object. These will come in time as
the documentation interface improves with the point releases and I'm
looking forward to it.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net