Palette mystery

Jean-Paul Poccard jp.poccard at neuf.fr
Sun Feb 19 13:19:29 EST 2006

Le 18 févr. 06, à 23:21, Scott Rossi a écrit :

> Recently, Graham Samuel wrote:
>
>> I've got three stacks, let's say stack 'A' whose style is topLevel,
>> and stacks 'B' and 'C' whose style is palette. The global property
>> raisepalettes is true, but despite this, if I click on 'A', it moves
>> in front of 'B' and 'C'.
>
> Something else is probably going on here.  It's unlikely (if not
> impossible)
> for a toplevel stack to appear above a palette stack (thus the reason
> for
> the existence of palette stacks).  Either you're somehow setting stack
> 'A'
> to palette mode, or you're changing the mode of 'B' and 'C' to
> topLevel.
>
> Are you changing the modes/styles of your stacks via script?
>
> Regards

I have got the same problem. My stack worked as expected with RR 2.6,
the substacks which had to be displayed as palettes were never hidden
by the topstack.  Now, even if I remind via the message the stacks of
displaying as toplevel  (the mainstack) or as palettes (the substacks),
a click in the mainstack moves it in front of the palettes.

I don't know if the windows management problem has the same origin, but
I notice that the magnifying glass does not work any more (strange
things are displayed outside the magnify window.

Help will be appreciated.
Cordialement
Jean-Paul Poccard.