Two sounds at the same time!?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sun Feb 19 08:39:11 EST 2006

Hi Jim,

First welcome to this list.

That's true: you can't use the play command to play directly two
sounds  at the same time.
But...
You can use how many players objects as you want and monitor them
independently (each of them can display video and/or audio embedded
or external files).
See the docs about: start command, stop command, currentTime
property, frameCount property, frameRate property, import command,
movie function, playDestination property, playLoudness property,
playRate property, playStopped message, prepare command, record sound
command, revPlayAnimation command, sound function, videoClipPlayer
property, How do I animate a sprite?, How do I beep?, How do I find
out whether QuickTime is available?, How do I make the computer speak
out loud?, How do I play a streaming QuickTime file?, Why don't
movies play? etc.
All information about video is worth for audio :-)

Le 19 févr. 06 à 13:48, Jim Hamlyn a écrit :

> Hi Folks,
>
> I’m just in the process of trying out Revolution and it seems to be
> a very
> powerful tool. However I’m concerned by the statement in the
> documentation
> that “You cannot play two sounds at the same time”. Why? And is
> there a
> workaround for this?

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet