'How to use Revolution'

Karen Karen at curlypaws.com
Sun Feb 19 04:25:07 EST 2006

On 19 Feb 2006, at 07:26, Scott Kane wrote:

> There has been a lot of chatter here (in a good way)
> about the release of 2.7.  I'm eligible for the
> upgrade and have downloaded it and so far have had
> zero problems in the tasks I have needed to perform.
>
> However - I'm leery on working on a project for real
> given some of the issues being raised (and the statements
> from some old hands that they have reverted back to 2.6.*)
> and am looking for something positive before committing
> to it.  I'd welcome your input on this....

Scott,

Other than some initial hiccups in getting plugins installed in the
new structure, I've been very pleased with 2.7.  The use of anti-
aliasing makes a big difference to some of the graphs that my program
uses.  I also like the fact that the plugins are generally (other
than for runtime inclusion) now split off from the program itself,
which should make upgrades less painful.

I have to say though, that I wasn't hitting any real issues in 2.6.1
either, so I guess I don't stretch Rev as much as others do!  I'm
also developing under Mac OS X - I don't know whether the situation
is any different for those developing under Windows.

Karen