Switch versus if/then/else ( was: Main menu puzzle, Klaus)

Scott Kane scott at proherp.com
Sun Feb 19 03:36:11 EST 2006

Hi Judy,

> For the novice/non-programmer, there IS no difference between
> how they think in everyday terms and how they "read code".

I don't disagree with the psychology, though it would seem
to me that learning such issues as case statements early on
will not only advance a novice, but make their code more
readable as they progress from novice to a more advanced
level.  In fact the satisfaction of writing something that
is elegant (which if/then/else is barely) is guaranteed to
be fruitful and rewarding.

Scott