sort of OT, CD names to iTunes

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Sat Feb 18 23:32:47 EST 2006

On Feb 18, 2006, at 11:00 PM, Mark Smith wrote:

> Not exactly what you had in mind, I know, but couldn't you just
> import the digitized files into iTunes as aifs or wavs, enter the
> info there, and then burn the CD?

Yes. Of course that also entails converting all the AIFFs to AACs and
erasing the AIFFs from disk. The conversion takes long enough so
that, when I got started on this, I sensed that it would be a little
more obnoxious than this roundabout method. (The whole procedure
involves two long waiting steps -- recording the AIFF from LP in
Sound Studio and running it through ClickRepair -- and some busywork,
bookkeeping steps. The AIFF->AAC conversion is another long waiting
step, and that's what decided me, perhaps wrongly.)

Charles