Disabled files in 2.7 - Followup

Mark Waddingham 36degrees at runrev.com
Sat Feb 18 12:14:18 EST 2006

Hi Paul,

As stated:
   "The reason for existence of this property is so that developers
producing systems in Revolution that base their file-format on
Revolution stacks can tie their files to their environment, rather
than the Revolution or MetaCard IDE"

The issue with 2.7 is that it has, by default, got its
'stackFileType' property set to 'MacOS' - this is a bug - it should
be (as it has been in previous versions) either 'RevoRSTK' or
'MCRDMSTK'. As this is a global property, once it has been set to a
different value, the IDE will use that for all stacks saved in the
remainder of the session.

The filetype/creator code of a particular stack is not remembered by
the IDE - instead it will replace it with the setting of 'the
stackFileType' at the time it is next saved.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.