drag 'n' drop reordering

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sat Feb 18 07:44:00 EST 2006

Bonjour André,

Mousewithin (like the old idle HC message) is a message sent
automatically by the engine every 200 milliseconds.
You might prefer to use messages less *intrusive* like mouseMove that
is sent repeatedly only if the mouse is moved.
As for moving objects, have a look at the grab command that makes the
job efficiently :-)

Le 18 févr. 06 à 11:39, André.Bisseret a écrit :

> Drawn from an HyperCard stack I developed a long time ago (but that
> I am still using).
> You could try this :
> ---------------------------------
> on mouseWithin
>   moveOption
>   pass mouseWithin
> end mouseWithin
>
> on MoveOption
>   if  "card button" is not in the target then exit MoveOption -- In
> HC I had card and bg btns
>   if the shiftKey is down and the optionKey is down then -- I don't
> remember why I used two keys :-)
>       repeat until the shiftKey is up or the optionKey is up --
>      set loc of the target to the mouseLoc --
>       end repeat
>    end if
> end moveOption

Best Regards from Paris,