Path problem in RevGOURL + How to find current directory path

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Feb 17 14:35:07 EST 2006

MITTAL Pradeep Kumar wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I want to launch html file which is present in the current directory (
>from where the exe runs)
>
>But the syntax like this does not work.
>revGoURL "file:///index.htm"
>
>Perhaps the RevGOUrl requires complete path of the file.
>
>Do you know how can we find out what is the current direcory path in
>rev??

You can use the built in function "defaultFolder" (or simply "folder")
Note that this gives you a full path - so you should not add "//" to the
start of it

>So that I can use revGoUrl "file://" & curPath & "/index.htm"

put the defaultFolder into curPath
RevGoURL ("file:" & curPath & "/index.htm")    -- Note simply 'file:'
without any leading /s

It's always a good idea to add the parentheses in a case like this.
For RevGoURL, I think it would be OK without it, but other cases would
not be, e.g.

    put URL ("file:" & curPath & "/index.htm") into myData
puts the content of the index.html file into the variable

    put URL "file:" & curPath & "/index.htm" into myData
puts the URL "file:" (i.e. empty),  followed by the path, followed by
the string "index.htm" into the variable.