Substack problem .... !

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Feb 15 22:43:58 EST 2006

Francis Nugent Dixon wrote:

> I click in substack U2 to select it, and then Object->Stack Inspector.
> but the Stack Inspector still shows a window for the stack Maine.
> I have the Pointer tool selected, but under no condition can I select
> anything in the substack U2. When I click on the substack, I get a
> continuous blue line around the single field but not the little blue
> squares
> to show that it is selected. When I click on the metal part of the window
> outside the field, the field disappears (!!), and the stack Inspector
> still shows
> stack Maine, even though the Dropdown Window menu shows that
> Substack U2 is selected (by a tick). I thought that the substack U2
> had become "locked" in some way, but I don't know how to check this,
> as I can't even get into it !

This sounds a bit like the stack has its style set to "palette". Those
act as you describe. The cursor is always in browse mode and they aren't
editable.

You can Cmd-Control-Shift-click on the palette stack to get a menu (on
OS X), then choose "Mode" and change it to "toplevel". That should bring
the stack back to normal.

Alternately you can right-click on the stack name in the App Browser to
toplevel it.

Stack corruption in Revolution is almost unheard of.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com