Please clarify incompatibility re 2.7

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Wed Feb 15 14:33:27 EST 2006

>Hi All,
>
>Could someone please let me know the details of this property? I
>have a few stacks that run under MacOS 9 and may need to save them
>under MacOS X and I don't want to inadvertently save them under RR
>2.7 and then find that I can't change them back to the 2.6 format.
>
>Thanks a lot
>All the Best
>Dave
>
>>There is a property you can set before saving in 2.7 that will make
>>the stack compatible with 2.6. However, the information has been
>>removed from the What's New text file and it isn't in the
>>dictionary. I'm not sure why. Possibly it is because any 2.7
>>features you've used in a stack will be lost if saved in 2.6 format
>>and they don't want people to risk that loss.

Why not wait awhile until version 2.7 is available for MacOS 9? I
understand it will be available fairly soon. 2.7 has some bug fixes
and nice new features, but if 2.6 was working well for you, maybe
"don't fix it if it ain't broke" applies to your situation.

Cheers,

Tim