copy locked text

Jerry Muelver jerry at hytext.com
Tue Feb 14 15:34:53 EST 2006

For a helpdesk application, I have fields with hyperlinks in their text.
The
fields have lockText and traversalOn both set to true, so the links will
work. The user can mouse-drag to select text, Ctrl-C to copy (highlight
disappears... oh, well...), and Ctrl-V in another app to paste. Perfect.
Just what I need for helpdesk and CRM applications.

However, only the first such select-and-copy works. Select another, and
when
you paste you get the first selection. Select another, even from the field
after is is blanked and rewritten, and you can paste only the first
selection. Less than perfect....

I've tried "How do I allowing copying from lockText" in the Help file,
which
got me this far. Now I need, "How do I copy again?" to keep me going.

----- Jerry Muelver