Problem with Pass command

Stgoldberg at aol.com Stgoldberg at aol.com
Tue Feb 14 13:28:45 EST 2006

Perhaps someone can help with the following problem   I have involving the
pass command.   I have a button that performs a certain action. A field (it
could also be another button) overlies the button.   I'd like to arrange so that
if I click on the field the message passes through it to the button.   How can
I do this?   I've set the locktext of the field to true and had either no
script associated with the field or inserted the following script:
on mouseUp
pass mouseUp
end mouseUp

Nothing happens though. How can I get the button to react?   Thanks very
much.
Steve Goldberg