ANN: Save Plugin plugin

Mark Waddingham 36degrees at runrev.com
Tue Feb 14 10:56:58 EST 2006

Hi Todd,

> I see a Plugins folder inside the 2.7.0-gm-1 folder.  How is this
> different then it was before and how will this effect multiple
> installs?  Won't there be a different folder for each Rev install?

This is mentioned in the 'Whats_New.txt' file...

Basically, the user can put all customizations for a specific
Revolution Edition (e.g. Dreamcard, Studio, Enterprise) into a folder
inside 'Documents' (or 'My Documents' on Windows) and they will
persist across all 2.7-and-later versions of Revolution.

Mark's plugin (a very useful first addition to 2.7!) makes it easier
to install plugins as this will create the necessary folder structure
for you, as well as copy the file into the appropriate place.

Incidentally, this customization folder allows you to do the same for
externals, database drivers and even Revolution IDE components.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.