Contrib to old topics - why isn't Rev more popular?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Feb 13 16:17:45 EST 2006

Garrett Hylltun wrote:

> One other thing.  The IDE in Rev kind of throws me off also, but I
> believe it's due to myself having Attention Deficit Disorder.  I can
> easily work in an IDE that is simply and editor with a few buttons
> and tools that I can open and close when needed, but with Rev, the
> many open windows and lack of a main editor window where I can access
> all the code of my project really throws me off.

You might want to look at Constellation.
It's not quite "one big editor window" - but it does feature one large
window with multiple panes for different aspects of an IDE, and multiple
tabbed pages for editing different scripts.

http://www.daniels-mara.com/products/

> In fact, it had thrown me so much that I just gave up on Rev last
> month.  But a few days I go I decided to give it one last try.  This
> time I'm getting along much better.  Maybe a break from it allowed me
> to let the IDE sink in or something.

Oh - I give up on it every other month - but I always come back :-) :-)