Getting Started with a Database

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Feb 13 13:41:15 EST 2006

On Feb 13, 2006, at 5:52 AM, David Burgun wrote:

> Haven't had much luck in getting this to work. I downloaded and
> installed MySQL. I then downloaded libDatabase and sample stack
> called libdb_recipes. When I run up the "recipes.rev" stack, I get
> an error:
>
> "libdberr: unable to connect to database (Unknown database
> 'recipes')".

Hi David,

It looks like you haven't created the recipes database in MySQL.  Did
you import the recipes.sql file into your MySQL database?

Also, I highly recommend using version 2 of the libDatabase library
(available from the same page as version 1).  Version 2 does not have
an example stack but there is a getting started doc which describes
the differences between version 1 and 2 along with code explaining
the main functionality.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia