AIFF files and Ubuntu Linux revisited

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Mon Feb 13 11:55:38 EST 2006

Well, my English school is now up and half-way running
(i.e. 6 kids at the moment) and using a variety of stacks
written by me in DC 2.6.1 running with the Linux Stack
Runner (a Gazillion thanks to Richard Gaskin) on 3 Pentium
3s with Ubuntu Linux. The sound files are stored in a
common 'data' file (they are sued by all the stacks) as AIF
files - now as I mentioned a time back, they have to be
slowed down to half their normal rate so that they play
normally under Ubuntu. When I pointed this out via the
Ubuntu bugzilla I had a few 'silly' messages that suggested
it was the fault of RR - not Ubuntu. I am still using the S
L O W sound files, and I have no idea whether this is due
to RR or Ubuntu. It is a bother thought to have to slow
down every sound file after recording it.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson
See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html