import song to itunes from within Rev

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 13 09:41:22 EST 2006

Oh, Sarah,

Thank you so much. I spent way to much time trying to figure out what
was wrong. I was so close, I should always trust my instincts. I
appreciate the extra info as well, you have actually helped me fix a
few issues I was having.

What a great resource this list is. It never fails to amaze me.

Thanks again,

Tom

On Feb 13, 2006, at 12:51 AM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> As you suspected, the problem is with the file path. AppleScript uses
> the old Apple file path delimiter ":" while Rev uses the Unix
> delimiter "/". Also AppleScript requires the hard drive name to be
> included in the path and Rev doesn't.
>
> Your script will work fine if you change the /'s to :'s.
>
> For changing back & forth, use the revMacFromUnixPath &
> revUnixFromMacPath functions.
>
> BTW, if you want to add the item to a specific playlist, you can
> specify this in the "add" line e.g.
>     add thisItem to playlist "Fav songs"
>
> HTH,
> Sarah