massive xml docs

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Feb 10 11:51:45 EST 2006

Ruslan-

> Under proprietary may be you mean implementations of engines?

No, I'm referring to syntactical differences and proprietary
extensions. This is why XQuery was born, as an open-source standard to
try to rein this in.

> But this is not a problem. SQL also have standard. And many DBMS vendors
> implement it.

A twisty maze of winding SQL standards, each different. As they say,
the nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose
from.

> Exists draft of XUpdate.

...and it's been a draft for some time, but it does seem to be the way
xml updates are heading. But it seems to me that XUpdate (and XQuery,
for that matter) was developed to do the sort of things people are
doing with AJAX these days.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net