Opening other applications from within Revolution

Stgoldberg at aol.com Stgoldberg at aol.com
Wed Feb 8 19:01:06 EST 2006

Hi Phil,
No, I'm not interested in importing data from the Excel sheet into Rev, just
opening an existing Excel application from a command in Rev.   I still can't
seem to do this.   I've put the Excel file (and also the Excel application)
into the same folder as the Revolution stack and just issued the command (let's
say the Excel file is titled "Sample.xls"):

launch "Sample.xls" with "Microsoft Excel"
or
launch "Sample.xls" with "Excel"
but nothing happens

Am I using the wrong syntax, or can one only do this from a standalone Rev
program?   Thanks.
Steve Goldberg

In a message dated 2/8/06 4:33:28 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com