PayPal, Kagi, esellerate. Splitting revenue

Todd Geist tg.lists at geistinteractive.com
Wed Feb 8 10:30:08 EST 2006

Hello,

The recent post on PayPal inspired me to ask this question.

I am working with a VB developer on a project which we are bring to
the mac using RealBasic (not by choice, by necessity).  We were able
to reach an agreement very quickly on revenue sharing because of some
thing that eSellerate offers, called "split payments".

http://www.esellerate.net/powerfeatures.asp

Each Item that we sell through esellerate is automatically split to
as many individuals as we want, based on a formula that we can set.
There is absolutely zero work on our end once the system is in
place.  At the end of each month, a check sent to each of us.  Since
esellerate is a 3rd party to the deal there are absolutely NO worries
around who is collecting the money and who is distributing it.  It is
simply done. This level of comfort made it easy for each of to agree
to the plan and get the gosh damn thing built. With the money issue
solved it was a no brainer.

I would love to see something similar in the Rev world.  it would be
great to have a way to sell something built with rev and have the
revenue split between the developers at the time of the sale.

It feels to me like there could be a lot more collaboration and
productivity if the roadblock of distributing revenue were out of the
way.  All of you brilliant Revolutionaries out there could form quick
alliances to produce a product and split the revenue.  The agreement
does not have to go deeper then the percentages of sales.  You don't
need to form new business entities, or reach complex partnership
agreements.

OF course, larger more expensive projects might not work well in this
scenario, but smaller quick hit stuff would be perfect. In todays
fast paced business world, opportunities don't stay around very long,
you need to act quickly.

So on to my question...

What do people think...  Can this be done for Rev with PayPal or Kagi
or esellerate?

esellerate does have C SDK that could be used to build a external.

Or could Thomas's PayPal method be adapted to split the revenue to
multiple pay pal accounts?

Or what about Kagi???

Any ideas?  Any takers?

Thanks