Group script triggers objects out of it!

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Wed Feb 8 08:58:34 EST 2006

>Hi Mark and Klaus,
>
>Thanks for confirming this.
>I suspected some kind of "corruption"...
>Nevertheless I find it non consistent.
>It obliges to check if the target is really
>owned by the group before executing any system
>message handler!
>I would understand this behavior for imported HC
>stacks (HCAdressing = true) but not with Rev
>(HCAdressing = false by default).
>What's your opinion?
>
>Best Regards from Paris,
>Eric Chatonet
>
>Le 8 févr. 06 à 12:23, Klaus Major a écrit :

It is IMHO a consistent behavior with the way
messages are handled and has nothing to do with
HCAdressing. Background is meant for common
handlers not just of its group but also card,
allowing same handler to be triggered from
different cards. That was makes the difference
between background and card group.

You seem to be using a background group but
wanting it to behave like a card group and hence
your distress. The behavior that bothers you
allows us, for example, to have a generic mouseUp
handler that catches misguided clicks on a group
of cards.

You can have a mouseUp in each object of such a
group calling a custom handler in background or,
if there are too many objects for that, check the
owner as you suggested yourself.

Robert