Integrating PayPal into rev project demo

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Tue Feb 7 03:39:11 EST 2006

My experience was mixed-- I had problems, paypal had problems and rev had problems

my problems-- misstyping, missunderstanding
paypal-- sometimes unclear documentation (it's the little things they leave out!)
rev-- same (especially the fact that the cgi engine doesn't have the POST command built in!)
(note to rev: if your going to promote this for cgi, you should really have a downloadable ready to go package with all the libraries there!)

Paypal support: can't complain too much. They helped.

I _had_ this working at iPowerweb in Dec. Then my publisher moved to Networksolutions (where nothing worked!) Now I'm at Dreamhost...but am running into the old problem of POST not working....

anyhow new stuff here:
http://www.discamus.com/nunc/how/PayPal_setup1.html

>Did you manage to work with the paypal sandbox ?
>A few months ago I tried to set up an online payment page using paypal for a website using Rev cgi, but ran into uncomplete docs, poor tech support and lots of heaadches...
and finally gave up...
Did the paypal sandbox improve recently ?