How to save data from standalone?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sun Feb 5 15:31:14 EST 2006

Hi Marielle,

Le 5 févr. 06 à 19:01, Marielle Lange a écrit :

> I just want the freshly opened application to look exactly the same
> as last time the user left it.

For instance: all my plugins are "can'tModify" stacks to ensure the
security (that would automatically the case with a standalone).
I'm used to:
1. Have the default settings kept as custom properties
2. Read/write a xml prefs file created in the right location
according to the platform and set the custom properties in the stack
for the session.

By this way: or I don't find any Prefs file and I use the default
settings or I update the custom properties from the Prefs file.
In all cases the internal code is the same.

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet