Comparing two versions of a RunRev app

graham samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Sun Feb 5 14:56:24 EST 2006

Given the well-known limitation of RR in that stack names are not
fully scoped but have to be unique within the whole IDE, how would I
set about comparing two versions of an app containing a mainstack and
several substacks? My main idea would be to compare versions of
scripts, but I'd also like to do a visual comparison of cards etc. To
clarify the idea, suppose I have a stack and substacks like

MyMainStack
   MySubstack1
   MySubstack2
   MySubstackn

and I have two .rev files, each with a different version of the app,
say the latest, which has shown itself to be a bit flaky, and an
older one, which was stable but lacked certain functionality. I want
to look at the differences between the two, and maybe transfer some
code or controls from one to the other. To effect ANY comparison, I
want to have two versions of each stack and substack in the machine
at the same time, but this isn't possible.

Has anyone any suggestions about how to do the comparisons?

TIA

Graham