Populating groups with data

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Sat Feb 4 17:35:11 EST 2006

Hello all,

I have data returned from a PHP script, like this:

total number of tasks: 4
project_id: 3|take trip|task_id: 47|get cookies|vanilla wafers,
oreos, choc chip|duncan|3|
project_id: 3|take trip|task_id: 46|buy funny hats|all kinds of hats|
duncan|3|
project_id: 3|take trip|task_id: 40|buy bikes|cool bikes!|duncan|3|
project_id: 3|take trip|task_id: 48|get shiny stuff|shiny|duncan|3|

I want the data to populate a scrolling group of groups that will
look something like this:

http://revcoders.org/populating-groups-with-data/

More info:

1. Forgive me, I barely know what I’m talking about :)

2. I can format the incoming data any way that is easy for Revolution
to parse. I used "|" as the field delimiter. Other text is returned
with the data for clarity (like "total number of tasks: ") and does
not need to be there.

3. I think I might need to populate an array first, because when the
user changes something, I need to look up the task number based on
which task (which clone of the group?) they clicked on before I send
data back to a PHP script to change the database

Thanks for any insight!

By the way, if anyone would like to bill me (a reasonable amount!)
for helping me with this I have checkbook (or PayPal) ready! :) (just
shoot me a bid first!)