QT 7.0.4 failing in Rev Players on Windows

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Feb 3 22:43:03 EST 2006

One of my Windows users hit a H.264 file on the web and was prompted
to go upgrade Quicktime, which he dutifully did...

Now my Revolution players are failing to play .mp3 files on his hard
drive:

A little sys check from inside Rev returns:

Platform: Win32
Machine: x86
System: NT 5.1
Environment: standalone application
Version: 2.6.6
Screen Bit Depth: 32
Colors: 4294967296
Screen Rect: 0,0,1280,1024
Quicktime: 7.0.4

for his machine...

note: the same audio file plays just fine in the latest Quicktime
Player 7.0.4 that came with that new upgrade and also in iTunes on
the same machine...... it's only the Rev player that is "breaking"

Any insights?

Sivakatirswami