how to click at a link in a handler

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 15:43:21 EST 2006

On 2/2/06 11:39 AM, "André.Bisseret" <Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr> wrote:
> Le Thursday, 2 Feb 2006, à 19:14 Europe/Paris, Jim Ault a écrit :
>>
>> On 2/2/06 10:03 AM, "André.Bisseret" <Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr> wrote:
>>> find line 1 of fld "FoundCards"
>>>   click at the foundLoc
>>>
>>> When they are in the script, It does what I want (the right card
>>> appears) but I get the error "click: expression is not a point" !??
>>>
>> If you know what the link does, why not just execute that step and
>> forget
>> about clicking on the link?
> It's because, in fact, a click on a link of the list of cards does not
> only show the corresponding card to the user but does others actions on
> this card (looking for keywords, highlighting them by setting their
> backgroundColor, making visible a button (which allow to set the
> backgroundColor to empty, Š).
> So I would like to simply click on the link to avoid to duplicate the
> scripting of these actions.
>
> Thanks for your kind attention
> André
I guess my point is that if the link click initiates some handler or set of
actions, why not just call that handler directly?  Maybe I just don't
understand what your link actually does when you click it.

Maybe I should ask...
Is the link click calling a handler?
If so, is the handler located at the field, card, or stack level?
Is the handler different for each line/field/card?

Placement of "the scripting of these actions" might make future enhancements
easier and more powerful.

Just asking, since I don't quite understand your setup at the moment.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas