relayering groups within groups?

Jonathan Lynch jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 10:15:35 EST 2006

I have a solution to this problem.

It was a real pain to figure out. The basic problem is in the way Revolution
orders items inside of a group. To keep a subgroup intact, when you relayer
it inside of a group, you have to set it's layer to the bottom of the group.

So, the question arises, how do you move a subgroup up and down, if the only
safe method is setting it to the very bottom. The answer is this: When you
are moving a subgroup down one layer or up one layer, what you really do is
determine when layer the subgroup needs to be at, then move all the other
subgroups and objects in the group to the bottom, in the correct order, so
that everything else stays in the order it was in, and the subgroup winds up
at the layer you want it to be at.

It's a giant pain, but it works.

I can send you an example of a stack that does this, if you wish.

Take care,

Jonathan