relayering groups within groups

xavier.bury at clearstream.com xavier.bury at clearstream.com
Wed Feb 1 06:35:18 EST 2006

Terry,

it's hard to see from here...

waht you could do is work with a reference to the owner of the group being
dragged.

Extract the group to the visible top layer (or hide the cloned group,
clone it again on top above all else)
once the drag finished, put it back in to the old owner....

Would that work?
cheers
Xavier

use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com wrote on 01/02/2006 11:04:16:

> Hi Xavier -  the object I want to relayer is is a clone of a subgroup
> of the parent group. When it's created it automatically belongs to the
> parent group (so far so good). The relayering comes about because I
> need to drag (any of) the subgroups about and the target group needs to
> be brought forward so that isn't lost behind other subgroups during the
> drag. The parent group contains both individual controls and groups and
> so far the only thing I've been able to get even vaguely working is to
> have one or more individual controls at the 'bottom' of the group and
> set the layer of all subgroups to the layer of the topmost of these
> 'bottom' individual controls in a repeat loop making sure the target
> subgoup is 'relayered' first.
>
> Seems like a horrible hack to me.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Terry...
>
> > From: Terry Judd <tsj at unimelb.edu.au>
> > Date: 1 February 2006 8:52:05 PM GMT+11:00
> > To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> > Subject: Re: relayering groups within groups
> >
> > Terry,
> >
> > before you change the object to a group, verify that the owner of that

> > group
> > is the one where you want to insert it.
> >
> > I do this usually with a repeat for x = 1 to the number of group in
> > group/card
> >
> >   if the owner of group x is the group I want or the layer >
> > group/card and
> > < than group x+1 of group/card then
> >    that's where it goes...
> >
> > the super groups have a layer < sub groups. And anything in that group

> > is <
> > than any other super group after...
> >
> > hope that helps...
> >
> > cheers
> > Xavier
> > http://monsieurx.com/taoo

To make communications with Clearstream easier, Clearstream has
recently changed the email address format to conform with industry
standards. The new format is 'firstname.familyname at clearstream.com'.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER