Trevor's Recipe project

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Dec 30 11:11:02 EST 2006

On Dec 29, 2006, at 5:16 PM, Jim Schaubeck wrote:

> Has anyone used the recipes project with MySQL?
>
> I use MySQL 5 on OSX 10.4 as the MySQL Server with Navicat (seems
> to work fine).  I created and imported a quick .txt file using the
> "bar" (|) as the delimiter.  It loads fine and I can build a RunRev
> project with Database Query Builder to access and change the data.
> I do rthis from a Windows XP laptop (where the RunRev is).  Looking
> through the threads here I gather that the Query Builder is not
> exactly the way to go but to use Trevor's Library.  (Thanks Trevor
> and Sarah for the pointer)  So, I downloaded it and am trying the
> "recipes" database project but can not get it working.  I feel that
> once I get it working, I can start adjusting and learning more from
> it.
>
> Can someone give me pointers.  What's the trick to properly loading
> and running the "recipes" database?

Jim,

I just downloaded the libDatabase archive from my server and noticed
that the recipes stack assumes that the libDatabase and
libDatabaseObjects stacks are loaded in memory.  I just updated the
recipes.rev stack so that the above two stacks are substacks of it.
So if you download the new archive from:

<http://bluemangolearning.com/download/revolution/libDatabase/
libDatabase_2.zip>

you just have to:

1) use the include recipesdump_mysql.sql file to create the database
2) open recipes.rev and follow the directions that will appear.

I also saved the stacks as pre 2.7 files.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com
trevor at bluemangolearning.com