mysql to valentina using libdatabase

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Fri Dec 29 13:39:26 EST 2006

ok

as far as I can tell (having never tried Valentina, but briefly
examining parts of Trevor's library) is that

1. Valentina uses standard SQL code, but adds many supersets commands
of its own on top of the standard SQL dialect. Ruslan Zasukhin, the
man who WROTE THE Valentina CODE, is on this list. I'm sure he can
give you better advice about 'conversion' .

2. Trevor's library will handle connection and some conversion.
Trevor's description would imply to me that it should just work.
Trevor will have to describe what exactly happens internally...I just
know that his lib made using sql in rev very easy.

I still haven't used Valentina. I think I was eligible for a version
during the last Revcon, but I could never find anyone that could
point me to the right place to get it...Lynn? Ruslan?

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o