Removing a stack from memory - is this a bug?

Mark Powell mark_powell at symantec.com
Thu Dec 28 06:15:43 EST 2006

Joe:

I was myself a practicing architect and then HyperCard guru, working for
Apple Computer for several years in the 1990s.  When I left Apple I
found myself in the Windows wasteland, Hypercard-less and mute for
almost 5 or 6 years until I stumbled across Rev.  As I have said before:
"Where once I was blind, now I see."  (The fact that Frederic Rinaldi is
here speaks volumes, doesn't it?).  Make sure to communicate that in
your journals...for ex-HyperCarders who have never found Rev, you will
be like an apostle.

As to the original reason for this post, is there any chance that the
bar character in the stack name is the cause of the problem?  I am
guessing you use it liberally elsewhere without problems, but I'd avoid
it.  Its 'OR-ness' is too significant for my conservative tastes.

Mark