Fonts

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 27 15:27:08 EST 2006

On 17 Dec 2006, at 6:00 pm, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> Revolution doesn't come with its own fonts. As a default font, it uses
> Geneva on Mac OS Classic, Lucida Grande on Mac OS X and Arial on
> Windows. I can imagine that your Linux distribution doesn't include
> the font that Revolution wants to use as the default font. It might be
> picking an alternative, but if it does, it may display sizes and
> styles incorrectly. E.g. if the font of an object has been set to
> Lucida Grande, while this font is unavailable under Windows,
> Revolution will always display a 12 points text size instead of the
> text size that you specified.

Not sure wheterh this is on thread, but it is certainly close.  In a
current project I am encountering *some* objects which display text OK
in the IDE (OSX) and Mac build, but display at a small size - probably
12 point  in an XP standalone.  I tend to use Verdana, as a font with a
good chance of being present on Mac and Win.  I have checked my XP box,
and find Verdana where it should be.

I have tried setting font size in various places, allowing it to be
inherited (which is the default for the App), and specifying it at
object level.  One of the most irritating is the labels on a 7
radiobutton group.  I have set verdana 24 from the individual buttons,
all the way up to the stack, but they still display as 12(?) in the XP
build.

Does it matter if the font is only available as an opentype?  Or is
something else going on?

Best Wishes,

David Glasgow
Carlton Glasgow Partnership