Removing a stack from memory - is this a bug?

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at Cox.Net
Wed Dec 27 13:05:23 EST 2006

According to the Documentation Library, you probably should be using
the delete file command as per:

If the stack is a main stack, the delete stack command removes the
stack from memory. (Any unsaved changes are lost.) However, it does
not remove it from the user's system. To delete a main stack, use the
delete file command instead.

I can't imagine your wanting to allow one of your users to actually
"delete" a stack. That is pretty dangerous. Of course, if they
created it, that's a whole new concern. Better it should be done out
of your application at the "Finder" level. Of course, I just jumped
into this and you may well have a good reason for doing what you're
discussing here.

Joe Wilkins