Stack loaded into memory message?

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Wed Dec 27 12:11:17 EST 2006

On 27/12/06, Mark Schonewille <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:

> Even if there were such a message, it
> would be of little use, since people can always lock messages before

Sure - but they have to actively do this - which is unlikely and if they do
they probably have a good reason.

As for a need - I think I can get around it by using "go invisible"
everywhere but this may be a real pain. This is the scenario - I have a
library of "views" (that is rev "groups") that a user can copy into their
application. There may be multiple copies - so everything "refers" to the
"library" view which is loaded into memory but not open.

Now this works really well, as all you have to do is refer to the library
view to copy it or get information from it. If it is not laoded into memory
it automatically gets loaded into memory as long as the stackfiles property
is set properly which I have scripts to make sure that is the case.

So to copy a view "Tree" - you can just:

  copy group 1 of stack "Tree" to wherever

or the equivalent (actually lots of stuff happens behind the scenes). The
stack "Tree" does not need to be "open" or loaded into memory - it just gets
automatically loaded which is great.

Now the catch is that as some of these "views" are complex - they rely on a
library - so that multile copies can all refer to the same library. What I
would like to be able to do is to automatically load this library when the
stack "Tree" gets loaded into memory.

AFAIK this is not possible...