Stack loaded into memory message?

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Wed Dec 27 10:43:50 EST 2006

A number of things you can do in Rev load the stack you refer to into memory
- for instance if you refer to a property of the stack such as its short
name. Now this happens without "opening" the stack - that is it is they are
not part of "the openstacks" and none of the usual messages are sent -
opencard/stack preOpenCard/stack.

Is there a message that is sent that yu can use to detect when a stack is
loaded into memory? I could "go invisible" to achieve a similar result but
it means that I and other users of the tool would have to remember to do
this every time they script something. I am looking to start using the stack
every time it is loaded into memory.

In general what is the practical difference between an invisible stack and a
stack which is loaded into memory?